20130107

(the best of both worlds)


IT’s astonishing how our birth date, zodiac sign and even blood type can explain who we are in general, like an outline, because I don’t believe it can actually define our truest essence as a person. I was born on the 11th of August year 1990 and according to Western Astrology, my zodiac sign is  or metal based on Chinese Astrology.



In attempt to make an ‘about me’ me page, I decided to give a general description using Chinese astrology and it amused me how some of these descriptions actually suits me.  related readings HERE, HERE, and HERE.

The  with  as its fixed element, summer and June as its fixed season and principle month respectively; ranked seventh among the 12 Chinese signs. Some of its qualities (that I think are evident on me) are as follows:
·         Exciting and energetic
·         Vivid and animated
·         Sharp and intelligent
·         Trustworthy and honest
·         Loner yet friendly
·         Adventurous and stubborn
·         Vain and independent
·         Resilient and sophisticated
·         Charming and optimistic
·         Impulsive and timid
·         Resourceful ad uncanny
·         Determined yet moody
·         Spontaneous and multi-task(er)
·         Affectionate yet impatient
·         Eccentric and flamboyant
·         Expressive and open-minded
·         Frank yet tactful
·         Sensitive and sarcastic


WHEN EAST MEETS WEST. . . 


Leonine Metal Horse is creative and vibrant, enthusiastic and motivated in reaching goals, religious or mystical and easily attracted to all that’s unusual. (The reason why I fell madly in love with Japan’s culture and traditions!) 



I also took Tim LaHaye’s Personality Temperament test from his book entitled ‘Why You Act the Way You Do?’. You can get the test HERE and further reading HERE. I actually answered it three times to make sure and almost got the same results:   As you can see, I actually have a contradicting personality --- Melancholic which is an introvert and Choleric which is extrovert nonetheless, I believe they complement each other well because I think I’m something in between. Since I scored highest in section 3, melancholy is my dominant temperament while choleric is my secondary temperament having scored second highest in section 2; basically I am a MELCHLOR and listed below are the traits I believe I posses. 

MELANCHOLIC STRENGTHS
CHOLERIC STRENGTHS
reserved
sociable
thinker
doer
conscientious
optimist
thoughtful
Strong-willed
persistent
Compulsive need for change
creative
independent
Sensitive to others
Self-sufficient
idealistic
Goal oriented
Self-sacrificing
Organizes well
Appreciative of beauty
Stimulates activity
Detail conscious

Finds creative solutions

perfectionist

Very visual

Makes friend cautiously

observer

faithful

listener

compassionate





MELANCHOLIC WEAKNESSES
CHOLERIC WEAKNESSES
Remembers the negatives
impulsive
moody
impatient
Self-centered
Little tolerance for mistakes
introspective
possessive
Guilt feelings

Depressed over imperfections

planner

High standards

suspicious

Full of contradictions

Skeptical on compliments






Aside from this test, I also considered 血液型 which originated in Japan and founded by Furukawa Takeji in 1927. Further readings HERE, and HERE. My blood type is  which is considered unpredictable because I exhibit a ‘split personality’ and is also the reason why I have a MelChlor blend temperament. Most qualities aforementioned were also evident with this blood type like being reserved yet sociable when needed, friendly but needs time to be alone, timid but may sometimes come out strong, calm most of the time but may become restless to mention a few.

Having presented all these characteristics, what's the reason to not love thyself more? I indeed have the best of both worlds!



No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts. . . i'll be waiting ne? (^_^)

spread the word

be updated